What is Education? Education refers to the systematic process of gaining knowledge and skills through study and instructions. The person providing the instruction is known as teachers. And, the person who receives or gains education is called a student or pupil.
School education includes primary or elementary education, secondary education and higher secondary education. A school should have competent teachers and well-equipped infrastructure. After completing the school education, a student can join a college, university or institute for further studies.
Illiterate Adults can join part-time courses to learn reading and writing. They can also develop skills in a particular trade by enrolling himself in a Vocational and Technical Education (VTE) institute.
Importance of Education
Education has many benefits and has positive impact in our life. An educated person is an asset for any country. In today’s world, human capital is considered the best national resource. On one hand, he can explore better opportunities for himself, and on the other hand, the entire nation would get benefited from his works. (Also read, Short Essay on Education and its Advantages.)
In this article, we have made an attempt to discuss the need and importance of education in our life, for the development of a nation, and for the overall benefits of humanity.
21 Reasons why Education is Important
There are many reasons why education is important. They are discussed below:
1. World Citizenship: Education is a must for world citizenship or global citizenship. Such a person always works for the benefits of humanity. He treats the entire human-race as brothers and sisters. We all acknowledge the importance of education, knowledge and truth for promoting the world outlook.
Education produces citizens who are men of intellectual and moral integrity, who are neither fanatical nor cynical, but are public-spirited, tolerant and wise. Education aims at producing ideal human-beings. These people are truly cultured, wise, tolerant and public-spirited. Different ages have different conceptions of ideal men.
2. Promotes National Interest: Education also promotes national interest. The highly educated people have a critical intelligence of an exceptional order. They can form independent conclusions from given facts. An educated person has the wisdom and knowledge to work for the good of the country. The doctors, engineers, scientists, soldiers, police-officers, IAS, etc. all work together in protecting the national interest.
3. True benefactors of human race: We must praise great writers, scientists, humanistic philosophers, profoundly religious man with abiding faith in spiritual values, social reformers and other men with a constructive genius because these educated men alone are the true benefactors of the human race.
4. Backbone of developing countries: Education is the backbone of developing countries. Developing countries should understand the importance of education and develop a sound educational system. Sustainable development of economy and society is closely related to education. The most important resource of a nation is its human-capital. Educated people have more understanding of themselves and of the others. They have the ability to become entrepreneurs, scientists and agriculturists. The world of today is driven by Information Technology and education in this field may become a deciding factor for the future economic development of developing countries.
5. Moral, spiritual and ethical values: Educated people promote equality of opportunity. Any privilege, when based on merit alone, is bound to be more moral because it has to justify no unmerited privilege, advocate no ethical system which promotes class-feeling or social snobbery and defend nothing, which is unjust or ethically wrong. The aim of education, whatever the social system, must be not only to disseminate knowledge, but also to stimulate the questioning spirit.
Educational institutions cannot produce saints. But they can certainly inculcate among students respect for spiritual and ethical values and make them understand that the promotion of human welfare, not self-aggrandizement, is the end of life. No man, however brilliant, however gifted, can be considered truly cultured unless he identifies himself with the wellbeing of others, unless he has the passion to make the Kingdom of God prevail on earth.
6. Education produces good citizens: Education also produce well-cultured and wise men. It is often said that the children of today are the citizens of tomorrow. If children of today study hard to become good students, then they will surely become good citizens in future. It is not easy to measure the loss which the human race has suffered on account of want of education by men and women who had exceptional talent but could not make full use of it.
7. Enjoy life: Education enables young men and women to develop all the latent powers and faculties of their nature and to enjoy a good life.
8. Freshness of approach: A sound education system encourages freshness of approach. Education should bring out the best in the student, not stifle his mind.
9. Transmit national culture: Education is an important medium to transmit national culture to the students. Of course, educational institutions are not the only agencies through which the culture of the nation can be passed on to the younger generations. The home exercises a powerful influence on the youthful mind. Religion and churches have a big role to play in making men truly cultured and moral. But schools and colleges have also a contribution to make to the transmission of national culture.
10. Character: Education also helps in building the character of a person. The educational teachers make attempts to give their students a moral outlook.
11. Literacy: Education enables a person to become literate. Literacy refers to the ability of a person to read and write. Literacy is important not only for children but also for adults.
12. Curiosity: An educated man should have infinite curiosity, the passion to know and understand things in a scientific way, with complete objectivity.
13. Wisdom: In democratic countries educational institutions earnestly try to arouse intellectual curiosity, satisfy the appetite for more and more knowledge and develop the critical spirit which alone brings wisdom.
14. Intellectual discipline: He cultivates intellectual discipline and intellectual humility. He is an earnest seeker after truth and knowledge with an open mind.
15. Seeks perfection: A truly educated man always seeks perfection. He is not a specialist who has perfected only his body or the intellect or the mind but one who seeks the development of all his faculties.
16. Earn a livelihood: Education enables a boy or a girl to earn his or her living. It is true that employment does not depend upon intellectual attainments alone. It is also determined by the stage of economic development of a country. However, there are chances that an educated person will get a good job with income sufficient to earn him his livelihood. An educated person can easily meet the basic material needs of life.
17. Adult Education: There is a dire need for education among adults. An adult engaged in economic activity can join the night classes and educate himself. (Also read, Short article on Adult Education.)
18. Knowledge: Education is important because it provides us with the knowledge that we need to navigate the world. Education can help us to do everything from mathematical calculations to theatrical performances.
19. Empathy: As well as teaching us academic knowledge, education helps us to be better people. With good education, we can become more empathetic – for instance, widely read people are often said to have high levels of empathy as they are able to see the world through the eyes of numerous different people.
20. Help to our communities: The better educated we are, the more able we will be to help out our communities – whether that is by means of engineering projects or whether it is by means of writing literature for them to enjoy.
21. Friendship and social bonding: Education brings people together and helps them to make friends. Sitting in a classroom or a university lecture hall with fellow learners is a social bonding experience that helps to forge strong relationships.
Conclusion: The aim of education is not to develop one single virtue but to produce healthy normal human beings who understand the meaning of life and what it demands from them. From childhood to youth, students must be constantly reminded by educationists and psychologists that the fundamental law of life is co-operation, not self-aggrandizement or domination or conflict. If students are intellectually and morally brought up on co-operation, most of our troubles would be at an end and life would be much healthier, richer and nobler than ever before.
Edited with input from various contributors.
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and ArticlesTagged With: Education
Importance of education tells us the value of education in our life. Education means a lot in everyone’s life as it facilitates our learning, knowledge and skill. It completely changes our mind and personality and helps us to attain the positive attitudes. We must give importance to the education than other targets in life as it is the only source of real happiness in our life.
Essay on Importance of Education
We all want to see our kids going towards success which is only possible through the good and proper education. Every parent tells their kids from childhood about the importance of education in the life and all the advantages of education to make their mind towards better study in the future. Make your kids and children habitual of writing essays, participate in debates and discussion and many more skill enhancing activities in the schools or at home using such simple essays. We are here to help you all parents in making your kid’s better future by providing simple essay on importance of education. Following importance of education essay are easily worded and given under various words limit especially for students. You can select anyone of these according to the class standard:
Importance of Education Essay 1 (100 words)
Better education is very necessary for all to go ahead in the life and get success. It develops confidence and helps building personality of a person. School education plays a great role in everyone’s life. The whole education has been divided into three divisions such as the primary education, secondary education and Higher Secondary education. All the divisions of education have their own importance and benefits. Primary education prepares the base which helps throughout the life, secondary education prepares the path for further study and higher secondary education prepares the ultimate path of the future and whole life. Our good or bad education decides that which type of person we would in the future.
Importance of Education Essay 2 (150 words)
In such competitive world, it is must for all to have good education. The importance of higher education has become increased in getting good job and position. Proper education creates lots of ways to go ahead in the future. It makes us strong mentally, socially and intellectually by increasing our knowledge level, technical skills and good position in the job. Each and every kid has their own dream of doing something different in the life. Sometimes parents dream for their kids to become a doctor, IAS officer, PCS officer, engineer and other high level positions. There is only one way to all dreams which is good education.
Students who are interested in other areas like sports, game, dance, music, etc continue their further study together with their specialties in order to have degree, knowledge, skill and confidence. There are many boards of education such as UP board, Bihar board, ICSE board, CBSE board, etc according to the state. Education is a very good tool which benefits all through the life.
Importance of Education Essay 3 (200 words)
Education is very important tool for everyone to succeed in life and get something different. It helps a lot in lessening the challenges of life difficult life. Knowledge gained throughout the education period enables each and every individual confident about their life. It opens various doors to the opportunities of achieving better prospects in life so promotes career growth. Many awareness programmes has been run by the government in enhance the value of education in rural areas. It brings feeling of equality among all people in the society and promotes growth and development of the country.
Education plays a paramount role in the modern technological world. Now-a-days, there are many ways to enhance the education level. The whole criteria of education have been changed now. We can study through the distance learning programmes after the 12th standard together with the job. Education is not so costly, anyone one with less money may study continuously. We can get admission in the big and popular universities with fewer fees through the distance learning. Other small training institutes are providing education to enhance the skill level in particular field.
Importance of Education Essay 4 (250 words)
Education is must for both men and women equally as both together make a healthy and educated society. It is an essential tool for getting bright future as well as plays a most important role in the development and progress of the country. Citizens of the country become responsible for the better future and development of the country. Highly educated people become the base of the developed country. So, proper education makes the bright future of both, the individual and the country. It is only educated leaders who build the nation and lead it to the height of success and progress. Education makes people as perfect and noble as possible.
Good education gives many purposes to the life such as enhancement of the personal advancement, increase social status, increase social health, economical progress, success to the nation, set goals of life, make us aware towards many social issues and gives solutions to solve environmental problems and other related issues. Now-a-days, education has become very simple and easy because of the implementation of distance learning programmes. Modern education system is fully capable to remove the social issues of illiteracy and inequality among people of different race, religion and caste.
Education develops the people’s minds to a great level and helps in removing all the differences in the society. It makes us able to become a good learner and understand every aspect on life. It provides ability to understand all the human rights, social rights, duties and responsibilities towards country.
Importance of Education Essay 5 (300 words)
Education is an essential tool for bright future for all of us. We can achieve anything good in the life using the tool of education. Higher level of education helps people in earning social and family respect and unique recognition. Education time is a crucial part of life for everyone personally and socially. It provides a person a unique standard in the life and feeling of well being. Education provides ability to solve any big social and family and even national and international level problems. No one of us can unseen the importance of education in the life in every aspect. It turns the minds towards positivity in the life and removes all the mental problems and negativity.
It changes the people’s thought by bringing positive thoughts and removing negative thoughts. Our parent plays a great role in turning our mind towards education from childhood. They try their best to give us good education from the popular educational institutions. It provides us opportunity to gain technical and highly skilled knowledge as well as enlarge our views all over the world. Best ways to enhance the skill and knowledge level is to get practiced of reading news paper, seeing educational programmes on TV, reading books of good authors, etc. Education makes us more civilized and better educated. It helps us in making better position in the society and achieves dreamed position in the job.
It makes us able to become a good doctor, engineer, officer, pilot, teacher, etc in the life whatever we want to become. Regular and proper study leads us towards success by making a goal of life. Earlier the education system was so tough and people from all castes were not able to get education according to their own wish. It was very tough to get admission in the proffered colleges because of high cost. But now it has become so simple and easy to go ahead in the education.
Importance of Education Essay 6 (400 words)
Home is the first place of education and parents are first teacher in everyone’s life. In our childhood, we get first impression of education from our home especially form our mother. Our parents let us know the importance of good education in the life. When we become three or four years old, we sent to the school for the proper, regular and sequential study where we have to give many exams and then we get a pass certificate for one class. Slowly we go ahead by passing our one by one class until we get passed successfully till 12th standard. Then start preparations for getting admission to the technical or professional degree which is called as higher study. Higher study is very necessary for all to get good and technical job in the life.
We become a well educated person in the life by the efforts of our parents and teachers. They are real well wishers of us who helps us in leading our life towards success. Now-a-days, many governmental programmes have been implemented to enhance the education system so that everyone may get access to the proper education. Lots of advertisements are shown on the TV and news to make people aware of the advantages and importance of education especially in the rural areas as people in backward or rural areas do not want to study because of poorness and improper understating towards the education.
Earlier the education system was so tough and costly, poor people were not able to get higher studies after the 12th standard. There was so much differences and inequality in the society among people. People of higher caste were studying well and people of lower caste were not allowed to study in the schools and colleges. However currently, the whole criteria and theme of education has been changed to a great level. There are many rules and regulations have been made and implemented by the Indian government to make education system accessible and less costly for all level of people. Most importantly the distance learning programmes has made higher studies so simple and cheap so that people from backwards areas, poor people and people living good life may get equal access to the education and success in the future. Well educated people make the healthy pillar of the country and lead it ahead in the future. So, education is the tool which can make every impossible thing possible in the life, society and nation.
More on Education:
Speech on Importance of Education
Slogans on Importance of Education
Essay on Education
Speech on Education
Quotes on Education
Essay on Girl Education
Essay on Adult Education in India
Essay on Women Education in India
Slogans on Education
Speech on Value of Education