Descriptive Essay Writing Topics
Content of this article
- List of topics
- Useful tool
- Tips on descriptive essay writing
Students think that the descriptive essays are the easiest essays that could be given as a home task. They are quite right, as this kind of essay presupposes involving less research. Writing descriptive essay students should be more personal and use their imagination to the full extent. Descriptive essay always includes creative writing, even if the topic seems to be dull and boring at first glance. However, if you have a chance to choose a topic on yourself, be creative enough as the success of your essay on 75% depends on the chosen topic. Do not avoid generic topics. They may require you to work a little bit harder, but be sure that your work will be completely rewarded by the interest of readers enjoying reading your essay.
Ideas for Descriptive Essay
Descriptive essays may be difficult when you don’t have any idea what to write about. If you are in search of the topic that would be worth exploring, pay attention to the little prompts presented for you in this article. The topics presented below will inspire you and give motivation for the creation of your own writing masterpiece.
Catchy Essay Title Is What You Need
Titles are extremely important as they motivate readers to continue exploring your essay. Your title should grab reader’s attention from the first sight. Your title shouldn’t be long, but it should give concise information about the topic of your essay and catch audience attention so that they decided to continue reading.
Ideas for writing descriptive essay
Writing of the descriptive essay can be quite challenging. This kind of the essay is all about sharing your own experience, however, it is not an easy task what to write about to get success. Therefore, here are some basic tips to help you in writing of good descriptive essay.
Did you Know we can help you Write Your Essay?
Descriptive essay topic list
- Best place for family visit
- Favorite hangout spot
- First moving experience
- Graduation in the life of every student
- Experience of learning new language
- The best place to work
- The first kiss
- First experience of performing in front of the crowd
- The first date
- Making your first speech
- The first concert you’ve visited
- The best present you’ve ever got
- Your lucky charm
- The first award I won
- Running a marathon
- Meeting with an old friend
- Getting lost in the new city
- Not the best day of my life
- The day when I met my love
- The first experience of airplane flying
- A lesson taught by life
- Class reunion
- A camping trip
- A trip to the nature museum
- My worst phobia
- A bouquet for my mother’s birthday
- My life goal
- A day near the ocean
- A family picnic
- Meeting new people
- A scenic view
- A competition you’ve won
- A night walk
- A haunted house
- Watching a parade
- Reunion of the old friends
- A walk through the park
- Waiting in a queue
- Wearing a Halloween costume
- Favorite bookstore
- The biggest dream in your life
- The most horrible nightmare
- A childhood memory
- A favorite place for leisure
- A ride in a train
- The longest trip ever
- Favorite vacation
- Your pet
- Your best friend
- The ideal date for you
- A photograph that impressed you
- A book that impressed you
- A painting that impressed you
- The best restaurant in your town
- An addiction you have
- You favorite song
- The most embarrassing moment of your life
- Your room
- Your worst enemy
- People you see on the street
- Usual working day
- The brightest memory
- A teacher who influenced your life
- A stranger in the crowd
- Your hero
- Falling in love
- Exploring new city
- An experience that changed your life
- A new car
- A walk in the forest
- Beach party you attended
- Favorite dish
- Participating in sport competition
- A road trip
- First driving lesson
- Your major life achievement
- Experience of living abroad
- Visiting places from childhood
- Whom do you want to be when you grow up
- A funny memory
- Meeting a famous person
- Traveling with family
- Starting over
- First day at work
- Favorite beverage
- Favorite colleague
- Your first breakup
- Your favorite shoes
- Favorite Halloween outfit
- Favorite genre of music
- First day in college
- Your mentor
- Favorite childhood memory
- Vacation spot you would like to visit
- Favorite rock band
- Most influential moment of your life
- Your best childhood friend
- Your first phone
- Your date to prom
- Favorite painting
- High school reunion
- Favorite TV show
- Most influential TV personality
- Best family vacation
- Favorite teacher
- Favorite season of the year
- Favorite dish
- Favorite football team
- Your first girlfriend or boyfriend
- Your worst nightmare
- Your favorite movie hero
- Your first car
- A country you would like to visit
- Your childhood tree-house
- High school graduation
- Meeting an old friend
- Most influential political figure
- Most memorable childhood phobia
- Getting lost in the city
- Favorite basketball player
- Favorite cake
- Favorite yoghurt flavor
- Your first computer
- Your first 3D movie experience.
Need more topics?
As you can see, there are plenty ideas for you t write a descriptive essay. Don’t forget to include details and show your creativity and your essay will get success.
Tips on writing descriptive essay strucure elements
Tips on Introduction Writing
Introductions simply explains the topic the writer chose. It also provides the reasons why the writer chose the topic. When writing an introduction, you should focus on the following:
- Be brief and direct. Avoid ambiguity and provide a convincing justification of the topic chosen.
- Include a strong thesis. Do not pass the opportunity of capturing the reader’s attention by using a weak thesis.
- Narrow down the scope of the topic to avoid generalization.
Tips on Body Paragraphs Writing
The main body section often builds on the thesis statement. Therefore, the points provided here help to cement the writer’s position or support the thesis statement. Below are tips on writing the body section:
- Mainly consists of three paragraphs unless stated otherwise in the instructions.
- The first paragraph should focus on the features of the person, object, or situation.
- The second paragraph often contains information about the object’s, situation’s, or person’s surrounding.
- The third paragraph should appeal to the readers’ emotions and senses. The writer should, therefore, focus on things that will hypothetically give life to the picture being created.
Tip on Conclusion Writing
Fundamentally, a conclusion provides an emphasis of the writer’s description in the main body. Here are some tips on writing the conclusion:
- Restate the essay’s thesis statement.
- Provide a summary of the essay’s main points. Writers often conclude by using an emotional tone.
Samples of writing
Love At First Sight
Love is a complicated matter and many people seem to take it too lightly. Mostly at a young age, physical attraction can lead to infatuation and misguided intentions. When a young couple begin engaging in activities that they are driven towards because of over active hormones, more often than not, they place themselves on a path to a hard, unsatisfying, or at least, a very inconvenient life in the future.
Why Love at first sight is not practical
Okay, I am certain that the romantics will argue that love is not about logic and practicality and I couldn’t agree with your more. Love as a form of reason or motivation has been known to create some of the worse situations a person can find themselves in, for example, the assassination of presidents.
At a young age, when you are most susceptible to the idea of love at first sight, you have no clue what it means to love someone, or what a functional relationship demands of each member. That aside, at this stage in your life, you have no idea of what you want for yourself in the future. Yet, here you are engaging in life changing and life creating activities, without any thoughts to the consequences.
How it should work
Love is a beautiful thing, when expressed correctly with full awareness of life and reality. Love at first sight can be an amazing experience if the two parties involved are conscious, thoughtful people who can discuss the situation honestly and rationally. Sadly this is often not the case, most people pretend to be someone they are not because they believe that their crush would be better attracted to that version of themselves.
Over the years, society has found many ways of making discussions about sexuality and relationships, somewhat taboo. As a result, many young people find themselves engaging in these activities without any guidance other than that of their natural desires. This is dangerous, in our attempts to discourage these activities among young people, we have made it likely for them to make huge mistakes due to lack of proper guidance and instruction.
So I agree, love at first sight is a wonderful thing, however, more focus should be placed on understanding what life is about and how our decisions can affect our future happiness. With the right approach, each of us can enjoy a long, happy, fulfilling life with the person of our dreams.